By participating in the Walk, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and any instructions and regulations displayed or given on the day of the event by the organisers.
The event is being organised and sponsored by Bhardwaj Ltd - T/A Bhardwaj Insolvency Practitioners. The registration fee is to cover the cost of the event and any surplus after all expenses will be donated to Consortium for Street Children.
- Participants must be over the age of 18. Walkers below the age of 18 are allowed to participate but must be accompanied by a participant of over 18.
- Entry fee is non-transferable and non-refundable. The management reserves the right to refuse any entry without giving reasons.
- We are unable to accept entries on the day of the event.
- Unfortunately, no pets, baby strollers/prams, wheelchairs or roller skates/blades, skateboards and/or scooters are allowed on the Walk course. The health and safety of our participants is very important to us.
- If you wish to drop out any time in between the event due to any reason please inform us.
- Event entry will close when maximum participant capacity is reached.
- All participants arriving late must abide by the instructions and decisions of the Event Director and other officials. For health and safety reasons it is possible that late comers will not be permitted to take part.
- All participants and volunteers enter this event entirely at their own risk and the organisers of the Just Walk or/and associated companies shall not be liable for any injury or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in the Walk.
- All participants understand that any products distributed at the event are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or substituted if necessary. The organisers cannot be held responsible for any third party supplier supplying merchandise on the day of the event.
- We respectfully ask all participants along with their supporters not to use aggressive or abusive language towards our organisers, marshals, officials and volunteers.
- We respectfully ask all participants along with their supporters to be respectful of local residents whilst out on the route and not to make any excessive noise.
- We respectfully ask all participants and their supporters to use the litter and recycling facilities available within the venue and around the course. Please respect the communities you are walking through and do not drop litter but carry it with you until you can dispose of it responsibly.
- We respectfully ask that all participants and supporters to refrain from smoking during the Walk for hazardous reasons.
- We reserve the right to ask participants to leave the event if they do not adhere to these rules.
D. Health, Safety and medical:
- Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Walk must seek medical advice from their General Practitioner prior to the event.
- First aid facilities will be provided at the Walk. Participants consent to their details, which may be obtained by medical providers should participants be treated by them at an event, being passed to management team. We shall only use these details for administration, health and safety purposes and to fulfil its legal obligations (included under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995). All medical details will be securely held by us on our Accident Database. The information will be handled in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- In the case of an emergency, participants agree that they may pass the personal details provided by a participant to the emergency services, health care professionals and use them for the purposes of contacting a participant’s emergency contact.
- There is a stringent risk assessment process in place for the event, which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. By taking part in this event, all participants acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries please contact us before agreeing to take part in this event.
- We reserves the right to refuse entry into the event if for whatever reason a person is deemed unfit to take part.
E. Cancellation by the Organiser:
The Organisers reserves the right to cancel the Event for operational reasons in which case a full refund of the Registration Fee will be made. If the event is being cancelled for reasons beyond their control then the fee will not be refunded.
F. Changes and last minute arrangements:
Once you have registered you are unable to switch to an alternative distance or start time without first notifying us. This is because we have strict capacity limits for each start time, and for health and safety reasons we need to make sure that neither event distance nor start time exceeds its individual capacity. If you do wish to switch to an alternative distance or start time please contact us and we will endeavour to support your request. You may incur administration charge. We reserves the right to refuse entry to participants who try to take part in the wrong event distance or start time without prior approval. We reserves the right to alter or reduce either Walk distance or times for administration.
G. Closure of finishing venue:
Any participant who has not finished the event by the time stated on the route course but chooses to continue does so at their own risk with the understanding that they are no longer considered a participant of the event, and as such are not eligible for any event resources (including but not limited to pit stops, suppliers, venues, refreshments, course direction/support, personnel etc.), and that they absolve Festival of Walks of all and any responsibility.
H. Data Protection Act:
By agreeing to the terms and conditions you are giving Consortium for Street Children permission to use any of the photos taken of you during the event for our media reports and future public relations purposes and hold your details electronically and to contact you to keep you informed and updated about 2016 Just Walk.